Monday, February 22, 2010

LOVE-MARKHOV RUSSIA'S No.1 UNSIGNED




LOVE-MARKOV:
’WANNA BE MAH BUSINESS ANGEL?’



Before I begin on more detailed questions, your profile has your birth date and death date, what is the reason behind this?


Well it’s the reminder and the motive to get hurry with achieving my goals. Rather important component of ALM legend. Having sent with mini-capsule spacecraft by the scientists of his home planet Earth the Greatest (which was going to explode a few millenniums ago) he landed here onto Earth-69, then instantly was born by ordinary man and wife of him in small rural settlement right in the central part of Eurasian continent. It was a sunny Saturday morning on June 18th 1983 yet the whole two dozen years cycles passed till Andrei Love-Markov woken in my body up in summer 2007. And in a dozen ones he is to leave this planet. Jus dunno whether I’d have to follow him in March 2020.


Do you play any musical instruments and where and what do you use for recording in studio?


I think only people do matter, the rest is blah-blahs. People are the finest music instruments… yet play them never!


What you specifically look for when you collab a song with another artist on myspace?

Due to internet there are so many limitations yet no borders! Well I look for people not just music. Yeah, I look for friends and lovers!


How many songs have you written?

Now I have 60 songs and overdubs, reedits and remixes. And I have the same quantity in mind so next few years I would be inexhaustible.

You have very humorous videos and pictures, what gives you the inspiration at the time of filming or taking the photos?

As Cat Power sang the ‘love and understanding’ do. That’s all. The most amazing thing for me is to perform my shits in one’s bedroom to a dozen of best friends and see them laughing and dancing!

Do you have any siblings? If so, how do they react to your music, and are your parents supportive?

My parents don’t know so far. But they suspect! My younger brother loves a half of my stuff while ruthlessly criticizes the rest of that. And he’s quite right in that the music must be catchy and simple.

Do you plan on having children?

Yeah! Extremely wanna have three sons! The elder one, for instance, would be girlie favourite and starship captain!

Have you ever been in love?

I hope I weren’t yet, ha-ha! In case of love I’m kind of delivery boy so almost never consume that myself.

I read in other interview you hate the music and the sex. Care to elaborate to these new readers?

Okay, let’s see. This is quite simple. Everything I do jus ain’t about music. It’s about songs and storytelling on laborious life of a little human who considers music just as a relief not entertainment. Even songs not music that’s what helps him to survive, to go on telling story of his life and, probably, to rich a simple majesty of human being. Music as itself is fork and spoon while it is The Essence that’s a dish!

As for sex the truth is freaking: being primary value in modern culture and contemporary pop culture, sex in fact became the synonym of death, the instrument of soft genocide in case of all defective societies like Bulgaria’s and Poland’s, Russia’s and Ukraine’s et cetera. Sex now is religion of all miserable people under Sun. Now it’s just a mass destruction weapon at its best. The more than sex and music I jus hate phantasm of so-called ‘freedom’ only. And the only alternative is carnal love and Love in general. So ALM is one more prophet of eternal verities.


You have a terrific article on the 1980’s generation of Russians. I highly suggest people to take a look, in the meantime can you give your fans and readers a brief synopsis of The 1980’s Demographic EXplosion Splinters (ODVZ-80)?

Every breath is regular. It’s all the same. In article I described the common mental features of the generation, told about facts of world’s and Russia’s history which affect us the most and carefully assumed that only ODVZ-80 pop doctrine would save our country from death in perspective. Yeah, doctrine is kinda pop yet that’s because we’re gonna beat our enemies understanding them first and applying their own weaponry second. As we prefer ancient Chinese philosophy to European one. By the way because of unsigned status I have no fans… friends only!


Give us a peek into your latest project?


There are a few of them. First of all I’m in the process of making anti-rap LP called ‘RUSSIA’S LAST KEWLBOY’ since February. The beats are produced by my friends from Italy and France, United States and Russia. Besides I prepare new release which titled ‘UNSIGNED. REMIXED’. It would be outfit of recent ‘UNSIGNED KEWLNESS CONTEST’ which 20 producers from all the USA and Europe took part in. The genre spectrum is from dubstep and drum’n’bass to noise pop and progressive rock.


I will be frank with you, your vocals, ALM, are not so great. Yet you are making a large impact as Russia’s Unsigned 1 artist, how do feel about this?


First of all I do avoid singing because I’m shy to sing for real. Jus because I know I’m simple guy came up from a crowd. Yet I plan to work on vocals with a tutor soon. As for being unsigned it’s new era, genuine zeitgeist. I think today’s opportunities allow every person to succeed in every aspect of pop culture without slavery under majors or fake sincerity of indie labels. Now we have a lot of good examples of how to manage your self while being well-known worldwide. It’s YOU that guy who must decide who you are! To my mind contemporary artist dies when get signed. After that I’d never listen to his stuff with same interest as before. And watch out! If you are unsigned YET it’s fake as well. You should be unsigned for good! Jus like ALM.


If you don’t want to be signed as an artist, how do you propose to sell your music and by pass the red tape of the music industry?


I’m a natural born bootstrapper and I know what austerity is. And I’m quite sure I chose true way from stars of Unexplored Galaxies to hell of human life and back. Now it’s time to make a step towards more serious level of my project’s development. So you may consider this an official appeal to everyone interested. To get the worldwide fame on a greater scale but stay unsigned I’m starting to look for a person who’d like to support my expansion materially. Be sure I don’t mean heartless venture investors. Jus prefer to call such kind of person somewhat like business angel. Jus because a volume of supposed financial help is really small, especially in compare to many other artists, it would be an oral agreement. Yet I’ve recently got the second diploma (on crisis management) so to write my simple business plan would hardly be a problem. The only condition is being like-minded person for real. Well the faster I find my business angel the faster I go to ALM Odyssey 2010 through Western hemisphere and visit most of countries and cities where thousands myspace friends of mine live.


You are nearing or by the time this interview is, 100.000 myspace friends, what do you have to say to them?


I wouldn’t lie I love them all, ha-ha! But, dears, please remember only one thing: ALM is pretty much more interesting than you think of that because ain’t shown whole potential of making you wet so far! Yeah, I wanna meet you in my real life. Well see you soon!


Are you a late sleeper or early morning type of guy?


I’m gonna sleep enough just in my grave!